Monday, September 8, 2008

San Diego

Jess has a convention for work in San Diego every year and I was spoiled enough to get to go with him again. It was tons of fun and a wonderful break. A special thanks to Heidi, Erin and my parents for watching the kids! You guys are the best! It sounds like the kids had tons of fun too! Our rental car had GPS so we were much more adventurous this year. I ventured out to the shopping malls and the temple while Jess was in meetings all day. We definitely miss San Diego but are glad to be home with the kids again!
Here's a pic of the San Diego temple. It is my favorite inside and out. I forgot my recommend but they were able to look up my barcode every time I went. Jess and I did a session together our first night there.
We had to take a lot of pictures ourselves!

The company that sponsored the convention took us to San Diego Zoo one night. They closed down the whole zoo for us and we had private bus tours. It was pretty cool. This elephant was the youngest one there- she was 33 yrs old!

Our last night there Jess and I went to La Jolla for sight seeing. It's a little tourist town. There were some seals on the beach which were cool to see. We ate at a Mexican restaurant that had the best food we had eaten the whole trip! I'll be craving those tortillas til next year!

This is the view from our hotel room. It overlooks Mission Bay.

This is the view of Pacific Beach from the pier. We went and played in the waves one morning in our clothes!

We finally got someone else to take our picture on the pier.

Our hotel is the tower in the center of the pic.

4 comments:

Trace said...

This sounds like a fun trip! I wasn't as impressed with San Diego as I was La Jolla. It is way pretty.

Heidi said...

So glad that you guys had fun. We really did have fun with the kids here, can't wait for next year either! Maybe we'll actually get to the dinosaur museum next time!

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

Fun!! I'm glad you got away.

The Horton Family said...

Okay - so we are totally jealous of the chance to get away - especially to some place warm - and to be able to go to the temple multiple times without feeling endlessly guilty about leaving your kids with someone and hurring to get back - how nice for you guys! :)