Monday, March 16, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

Jess and I went to Las Vegas last week for our 6th anniversary. I had never been there before so it was fun to see. Jesse lived there for a couple months waiting for his visa to go through before he went to Croatia on his mission. But he never went to the strip so technically this was his first time too. Our friends Nick and Tami were kind enough to take our kids for the four days we were gone. Thanks again guys! It was a relaxing getaway!

We stayed at Caesars Palace which is next door to the Bellagio so we got to see the fountain show plenty of times. Very pretty.

Here is Jess gambling our life away! We used a $5 bill on the slot machines and lost every penny. Can't go to Vegas without gambling though.

M&M Factory. I was in heaven! We each got some of our favorite M&M's... peanut butter for Jess and almond for me. Should I be jealous?

Us at the Statue of Liberty at New York New York. We really should have asked someone to take our picture.

Fountain at Caesar's. I would definitely recommend staying there. It has a good location on the strip, tons of stores and the room was nice. 

View of the strip from the Stratosphere. Jesse made me go on the Big Shot which is the roller coaster on top that shoots you straight up. Let's just say I HATED every second of it... see Jesse for details. 

On our anniversary we went to the Las Vegas temple and did sealings. It was definitely the most peaceful part of our trip. It was a beautiful temple. Jess had been there before from his mission and pointed out a cactus he hugged nine years ago.

After the temple we went to Hoover Dam. It was pretty cool to see. The weather was awesome our whole trip... seventy degrees and plenty of sunshine! I think Jess forgot to smile in this one.

This is the new bridge they are building at Hoover. Crazy. It looked really cool. I would never be able to work up that high... as Jesse found out at the Stratosphere. 

This is where we ate dinner on our anniversary. It's a restaurant called Olives at the Bellagio that overlooks the fountain. We ate on the balcony so we got to see plenty of water shows. It was a romantic place to eat! :)

The waiter brought us this to help us celebrate! We almost didn't want to eat it... almost. 

It's a good thing you do a lot of walking on the strip because Jess and I ate TONS of food. Thanks for the awesome trip and the best six years of my life! Love you sweetie!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to hear about your roller coaster ride!

Mandi Ward said...

How much fun! Happy Anniversary.

M-n-M said...

Oh - that is great --I really really love you to. You are both so incredible people, tell jes hi and hopefully we will run into you guys one day, Brex needs to meet his family!!