Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Grandma Hiccup

I went to IF on Saturday to recharge my batteries after a week of Jesse being gone. I went shopping at my favorite stores then went to see my Grandma Hinchcliff. She got renamed to "Grandma Hiccup" when her great grandchildren were unable to pronounce her last name. My grandma is one of the women I admire most. She truly is amazing. She's been on three missions. She had a successful professional career in the education system influencing many children along the way. Just being with her is so peaceful and nostalgic. She always makes you feel good about yourself.  She is always so giving of everything she has. My kids love going to her house. She is one of the best cooks ever and seems to make sure every food group is present at a meal. She made us a yummy lunch and gave me some much needed adult conversation. It was nice to talk to someone who didn't talk to me only in questions or repeat back everything I said! Thanks for the nice afternoon Grandma! You're one of my favorite people in the whole world! We love you!
Grandma Hiccup with Ellie at four weeks old.

No comments: