Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Jesse and I decided to enjoy the spring weather by heading south to Lehi to visit Jesse's brother. I don't think we've ever given them more than 24 hrs notice before our visits! Heidi is such a good sport about it! Thanks guys! It was tons of fun!
All the cousins slept in the same room. They finally fell asleep about 11:30 but at least they all stayed in bed to give the mom's some peace and quiet. Maddie was nice enough to read them bedtime stories! (Jeramy and Jesse went to a Halo party til 2am!)
Can you tell my kids are ready for spring? We went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. Kaden had to wear his dinosaur shirt!
Kaden really liked the BIG dinosaurs! Ellie was afraid they would bite her. 
She's got dad wrapped around her finger for sure. He's such a sucker for her. 
Let me illustrate the difference between boys and girls: they have an Erosion Table at the museum where the kids can play in the sand and water making islands and canyons or whatever. Kaden dug right in and would have stayed for an hour. He loved it!
Ellie: not so impressed. She stood there like she had no idea what to do. She finally got brave enough to stick her finger in some sand and as the picture illustrates she immediately wiped it off  and came to stand by me. What's the fun of getting your hands all dirty? She's our princess!
That night we met my wonderful friend Wendi and her friends Curtis and Ashton for dinner at Jesse's favorite: Texas Roadhouse. It was fun to be with everyone but as you can see, Jesse was pinned back in the corner so when Kaden and Ellie needed potty breaks, I was the winner. Which, by the way, happened to be FOUR times during dinner. Sometimes I miss those diaper days! The company was good though. 
Me and Wendi. We went to dental hygiene school together. I don't get to see her very often so I take every chance I can get! We missed you Jami! 

3 comments:

Heidi said...

IT was kind of odd opening your blog and seeing MY house! We are so glad you guys came down - we love you!

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

I am so glad you got to see Wendi! I wish we could have ate with you. Next time!

Wendi Oyler said...

ahhhh, cute pictures. Yours turned out way better than mine and why do I have potatoes in my hand, it looks like I'm going to smash them in your face.