Thursday, March 26, 2009

Four on one, four days, four lessons

Pay back time! My friends Nick and Tami went to Mexico and they were kind enough to watch our kids for Vegas so I am returning the favor this week. Jesse went to San Diego and has been home to help for 6 hrs in the past four days. Needless to say the kids are a little tired of me. They keep asking where Jesse is and when he's coming home. I miss him too!
Here are four lessons I have learned in the past four days:
1. Chick fights and jealousy between girls starts at an EARLY age! The boys have not got in one single fight. The girls fight about everything!
2. Boys never really grow up. All the boys have done for the past four days is play with guns and video games. And then I thought "That's exactly what their fathers would love to do all day!"
3. A two year old little girl can out eat me. And I'm not exaggerating. I have never had a child ask for fourths and fifths at a meal before! Go Jaycie!
4. I got way too used to not changing diapers. 
Brayden and Jaycie are super excited for their parents to come home! Brayden has kept a countdown and is so excited that he gets to stay up late to see them tonight! Travel safe guys! As for me, retail therapy in IF on Saturday! Yeah!

3 comments:

Lacey Allen said...

Jen - what a good friend and GREAT sport you are! WOW 4 kids... you are so brave. Glad you survived it.

Živana said...

i love your sense of humor. you're dang cool, Jen.

Tami said...

Cute Picture. Did you curl Jaycie's hair? Why can I not get her hair to look good and stay? Thanks again Jen you are amazing. My kids loved staying at your house. It was nice to know they were taken care of when I was gone.