Saturday, June 27, 2009

My kind of yard work

When we had our yard landscaped I asked the guy in charge not to put rocks in my flower bed because I was going to plant flowers. Right.

Scratch that idea. Which is actually for the better. The only flower beds of mine that survive are the ones in planters and rose bushes (which my mom says are almost impossible to kill). So I got to plant my new planters at our house with Kaden and Ellie, my best helpers.
Ellie would fill up the water pail and stumble over to me to water the flowers. I think the water pail weighed as much as she does!
I left my blooming rosebush behind at my old house. These planters are more my kind of gardening anyway.
While I was planting the flowers I heard Kaden say, "Uh... mom?" I turned around and saw this! He's getting tall and skinny like his dad. I have to buy all his clothes for length which means extra room in the waist. Poor kid needs a belt.

2 comments:

The Horton Family said...

That looks like the kind of yard work I can handle! Rocks make the best kind of plants :)

Wendi Oyler said...

poor Kaden, would you FEED the kid jK, that pic is too cute. I need more pics of your house, it looks really cute.2310