Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kaders Raders

This is one of my favorite faces from Kaden, his crinkle-nose smile.
(This post is one of those "journaling" moments that is more for Jess and I to read in 10 yrs.) Kaden is such a thinker! You can almost hear his brain processing information. My days are filled with questions about EVERYTHING. We've had some cute thoughts this week so I thought I would share them...
"Mom, what does Heavenly father do to bad guys in heaven?"
"Uh.... there aren't bad guys in heaven. Only nice people."
"But what does he do to them?"
"What do you mean?"
"How does he get them out of heaven? Does he run them over with a lawn mower?" 
I was dying laughing thinking about the mental picture of this in his mind. To get the full effect you had to see his hand actions with the last statement. It was pretty funny. What is his obsession with lawn mowers?

Jess was outside helping a neighbor tie down a tree as a thunderstorm was rolling in when this conversation occured. Kaden is afraid of thunder and lightening...
"Mom, where's dad?"
"He's outside helping Phil with his tree."
Thirty seconds pass.
"Mom is dad here yet?"
"No, he's still outside."
Fifteen seconds pass.
"Mom, I'm going to see if dad is back yet."
Ten seconds pass.
"Mom, I really want dad to come home!"
"Why?"
"Because the lightening will get him and make him tiny!" 
To fully understand this comment you have to be a MarioKart buff. Kaden likes to play MarioKart. The lightening bolt on MarioKart turns people little. 

Today for dinner we had roast beef and cooked carrots...
"Mom, I don't want carrots, just meat."
"Kaden, you need to eat your carrots too. They're good for you. They make your eyes strong."
He thought about this for a second.
"Oh, so then I can shoot fire out of my eyes?"
Too much superhero stuff! Never a dull moment with Kaden. The cutest thing about the things he says is that he is completely serious and really wants to know. He's very much like his father, a very logical thinker. I'm sure someday he'll be super smart like Jess!

3 comments:

Wendi Oyler said...

or super smart like his mom! Are you in your new house yet?

Heidi said...

I'm still laughing! I love the lightning comment - that is something that Maddie would say! Hope to see ya soon!

Tami said...

Funny Kaden. What a stud!!