Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Ellie!

Our baby girl turned three yesterday! I can't believe how fast those three years went. When she woke up she said it wasn't her birthday and that she was still two... she eventually changed her mind. We took a break from unpacking and got to do what Ellie wanted all day which included: watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (with a little persuasion from Kaden), going to the park, getting some balloons, eating at Craigos and having a BBQ for dinner. Ellie is the sweetest little girl. She watches out for Kaden and is always up for anything... as long as her blanket can come too. We love you Ellie!
For two weeks now whenever I would ask Ellie what she wanted for her birthday she would always say a cupcake. Always. All day she kept asking for and talking about her cupcake. So the moment finally arrived, we made the batter, oven was preheated, mom goes to look for the muffin tins.... nowhere to be found. They mysteriously disappeared in the move. When I told Ellie we couldn't make cupcakes her lower lip dropped, her head fell and she said, "But I wanted cupcakes for my birthday." I think I heard my heart break! So thinking fast, I whipped out these two circular cake pans and told her we were going to make BIG cupcakes. Luckily she thought that was an amazing idea and her birthday was saved... whew!

Ellie made very sure that she was the only one to open her presents. No help from anyone!

Ellie loves pretend play and has wanted a kitchen for a long time. I liked this one the best at the store but if I had known how much trouble it would be I would have gotten the plastic one. It took me over two hours to put it together, one of the wood pieces snapped in half and I cut my finger open. Kaden was less than impressed with my lack of skills. He kept telling me it was taking too long and would go hide on the couch when I would get frustrated. He did pretty good not to tell Ellie all day what she got for her birthday. He actually did tell her once but she wasn't listening. Thank heavens.
Ellie was super excited and spent the next hour playing with her kitchen. I called the kids up for cake and ice cream but they said they couldn't come because they were cooking. Too fun. What a pair.

3 comments:

Mandi Ward said...

How fun, aren't kid birthdays the best. I saw that she got purpulicious. We have both pink and purpulicious. The girls love them. Do you have pinkalicious, its the best one of the 2. Happy birthday Ellie.

Wendi Oyler said...

Happy Birthday Ellie! She is so adorable. Your house looks fabulous from those pictures, I can't wait to see more!

Tami said...

Happy Birthday Ellie!! Sorry we missed it.