Sunday, April 26, 2009

I wish it was warm outside

We had a couple days of spring-like weather. Kaden's favorite day of the year, besides his birthday, arrived! The first lawn-mowing of the season. He was so excited for 6 o'clock all day when dad would come home. He remembered right where Jess left his lawn-mowing shoes from last fall. He was so excited. I really thought his whole lawn-mowing thing was going to be a phase but this is the third year and he is still obsessed with it. Hopefully it lasts until it's his turn to mow the lawn!

We also did our first camping trip of the year this weekend! We went with the Edwards to Downata Hot Springs. Of course the weather was awesome all week but when the weekend came and we went camping it was FREEZING! During the day wasn't so bad because we went to the hot pools and had a fire but it got so cold at night. We ran out of propane in our trailer so the heater went out at 2 am. If Jesse wasn't by me all night I would have froze to death for sure. 
Kaden is helping dad hook up the trailer. What would dad do without you?
The  kids had a fun time riding bikes and chasing birds. It gave the adults some time to pig out and sit by the fire.
This is Ellie in her Barbie car. It made us laugh pretty hard. She would make me and Kaden push her in it. I still don't think she realizes this as a problem. 

4 comments:

M-n-M said...

Whahoo - sound like so much fun even if it was a little cold!

I was thinking now that i am done with school and have more time that we should have a family party at Downata. Eat, swim, and whoever wants to sleep over can, what do you think?

Your kids are still simply adorable. We need more opportunities to hang out -

Take care and tell Jesse Hi

Heidi said...

So...you were nice and toasty with Jess at your side...kids...cold...who cares! :)
Love that picture of Ellie!

Heidi said...

And I agree with Misty, that would be fun!

Wendi Oyler said...

Tim keeps saying he wants to go camping and I keep telling him no. I told him he could take Jax, but I know I'll end up going too.

Ellie is so funny! That picture cracks me up.