Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

We had a fun Easter weekend! 

We went to Caldwell Park where they do a community Easter Egg Hunt. They had 20,000 eggs and they were all gone in two minutes.
They also had prizes out in the grass. I found a kite close by and told Kaden to run straight for the kite and grab it.
He was super fast and got the kite first! He was so excited! He keeps telling me the story over and over about how he was faster than all the other kids. Here he is showing his friend Brayden.
Then we went home and colored eggs.

That night we went to the Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo! We go every year. This year the kids really liked it though. They thought it was hilarious that the horses and cows would "kick those people off of them"!
Jess got a new yellow tie for Easter and Kaden was so excited that they had the same tie! 
All dressed up for church in their new Easter outfits.
The Easter bunny came to our house while we were at church!
So while we were waiting for dad to get home from his church meetings I did an Easter lesson for Kaden and Ellie and taught them about the Resurrection. Ellie listened very well to the whole thing. When I was done, she colored her Jesus and ran into her bedroom. I followed her in there and asked her what she was doing and she said she was putting Jesus in her dresser so that nobody could get Him. She didn't like the part of the story where they took Jesus away! I thought it was cute. What a sweet little girl.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Sweet little Ellie. I love that she was saving Jesus! SOunds like you guys had a great weekend. I'm still jealous of that rodeo!

Živana said...

people here (in Croatia, that is) are so boring. we have nothing like this for kids to have fun over the holidays. so depressing. so i'll pick ideas from you and at least make it happen for Kira at our home. :)
Sergej was just reading your blog and looking at the pics, and i heard him say, 'kako si lijepa!'
i asked who he was speaking of (hoping of course he was reading my blog and speaking of me :D ) and he said, 'Ellie'. i also think she looks like a little movie star. and Kaden, the cutest little boy ever! you guys are the coolest. we wish you the happiest Easter!

The Nelsons said...

I'm excited for you guys and your new house! We are sad you'll be out of the ward; it's seems like we chase you away wherever you go! But we are so excited for you guys.
Easter looked fun. Ellie is so sweet.

Liz said...

what the heck I was so scared when I started to read you note about moving I didn;t think that it would happen,congrats on the 5 mile move. When does it happen?? We were just talking last weekend that we havent been up for ever so we are trying to decided when to come.I have shut on email off but I do still check it about once a week.

Wendi Oyler said...

Your kids looked so cute in their easter outfits. I can't wait until Jax gets excited for holidays. Also I can't wait to see the new house! Let me know when you've moved in and I'll come up.