Saturday, January 10, 2009

Peg Leg Chubbs


Poor Chubbs. Wednesday night I came upstairs to find he had peed on my floor AGAIN. I opened the door and tossed him out on the grass and the next thing I heard was him yelping in pain. He landed right on his little foot. I instantly felt bad and cuddled him for an hour. He wouldn't put any pressure on it all night. I felt so bad! I cried myself to sleep and woke up and took him to the vet. Three broken toes. The vet tried to make me feel better saying she sees little dogs with broken bones all the time. So he has to wear this cast for a month. It hasn't slowed him down at all. He cruises around the house at top speed still. I was excited because he finally got enough of his shots to get his hair cut... now we have to wait a month until his cast comes off. Scruffy Peg Leg Chubbs.

5 comments:

Mandi Ward said...

He is so cute, he reminds me of my dog when I lived at home, he looks just like Bubba did, he passed away 4 yrs ago. Don't feel bad I'm sure he still loves you.

Heidi said...

Awww....poor Chubbs. Still cute as ever.

Živana said...

i just told my husband today- taking care of a child is the most humbling of all things we encounter in life. i take care of my elderly parents as well, but it's different. they can still tell me what they want or what bothers them, but my one year old daughter can't. even if my parents weren't able to speak anymore, i would still have memory of what they used to like/dislike and act accordingly. i guess with animals it's just as it is with babies. you have only the best of intentions, but sometimes things turn out bad anyway. perhaps it's some sort of a reminder that we're not perfect. or as great as we like to think (at least i do, sometimes :) ).
my idea of giving her structure is making sure kira gets her 2 naps a day(among other things, of course). today she refused to sleep even though she was tired, and spent over an hour jumping in her cot, until she finally managed to hit herself hard in the nose. then she cried for a while in my arms and then finally fell asleep. i was left feeling like the worst mom ever.
i guess taking care of someone so fragile is the most humbling thing we get to do while here on Earth. but its also the most rewarding.

i'm glad chubbs feels no pain anymore. that puppy is so cute that it looks unreal.
best wishes to ya'll...
Živana

The Horton Family said...

Do we need to call the ASPCA?

The Horton Family said...

That last comment was from Chris. :)