Sunday, January 11, 2009

Better spaghetti and six loads of laundry


So I've been sick this past weekend and Jess has had to do pretty much everything around the house. You name it, cooking, laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, errand running, kid-tending... EVERYTHING. And I must say, it would have made me feel a little better if he didn't do it so well. I would have felt a little bit of satisfaction if he had struggled a little bit and wondered how I did it all day, every day. But no. He totally outshines me in the Mr. Mom category. On Saturday he completed six loads of laundry, (a feat which I can never seem to do), made the best spaghetti we've ever had, went grocery shopping, worked on his computer for four hours and took care of the kids all day, including their bath. Didn't break a sweat, didn't miss a beat. Got me thinking, maybe he should be the stay at home dad and I'll go to work full-time. But no, he still makes more per hour than me at work. I can't win. But then again, it looks like I did the day I married him! Thanks for all you do sweetheart! I love you!

11 comments:

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

You are lucky!! It is no nice to know that he could hold down the fort if he had to. I hope you are feeling better! Are you prego?? Nothing like the morning sickness, haha!!

Heidi said...

you're PREGNANT??? Just kidding. I enjoyed that comment above. Remember that Jer took over laundry duty about 2 months ago? Well, he's been slackin on it and he didn't have any whites to wear to church yesterday, so he stayed home. Looks like you got the domestic brother, I got the charming and handsome one. :)

Lacey Allen said...

Way to go Jesse!!! Your so funny Jen..... You do it EVERYDAY and I am sure you do amazing!

The Horton Family said...

What a stinker that he was able to pull it all off. Chris does that too - and I really think he must think I am not working very hard during the day if he is able to accomplish the same stuff in less time.
But good for Jesse also - nice to know that you can take a break when you need one and everything will be alright. :)

Živana said...

that's my bro'! :)

Jess and Jen said...

Jen does it all day / everyday and does it well. She must have just been emotional from the hormones. Pregnancy will do that to you!

HHM Crew said...

Jesse you're a brat...but we love you anyways! Way to take care of Jen, she deserves it. I know she appreciates all you do. Hope you're feeling better Jen!

Tami said...

Well, now you know you can expect more from him the days you are feeling better. J/K. Good work Jesse

M-n-M said...

Jesse has always been the "good one" I remember one day it was Jesse this and Jesse that, so I colored red on a bandaid to look like blood and told my parents and grandma wakley that Jesse cut my arm. He got in so much trouble until they asked to see my cut and then well I was in trouble.

As far as being "outshined" I feel the same way. Marshal cleans, vacuums,.... faster, and better than me everytime. Not sure why they make it look so easy??

Mandi Ward said...

That's awesome that Jesse can and WILL do that. Jedd couldn't and wouldn't do that. I was sick a little while ago, he did put forth a good effort but I was still the head honcho is charge even though I was sick.

Mandi Ward said...

Oh and are you pregnant:) that seemed to be the theroy.