Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Kaden!

Kaden turned four today! It's gone by so fast but it also seems that so much has happened in those four years! Kaden forgot all about Christmas because he was so excited for his birthday. My sister-in-law has a tradition of listing things she likes about a person on their birthday, one trait for how old they are. I am going to copy cat for Kaden today. Here it goes:
1. He has the most tender heart. He cried during the Grinch because he felt sorry for the dog. He's my angel.
2. He has the number one most contagious laugh. If any of you have heard his laugh, which he has been doing since he was 4mos old, then you know what I am talking about. It truly comes from the gut and you can't help but smile.
3. No matter how long I have been gone, he always comes running to me to say hi. I love it.
4. He still likes to cuddle. He always lets me hold him... unless I start in on the kisses.
He had an awesome birthday. He said he wanted another one tomorrow so I reminded him of Christmas. That'll do for now.
Some of Kaden's favorite foods are pancakes and waffles so we met dad at IHOP for breakfast.
Kaden was dying to open presents all day. Grandma Wakley came to the rescue and came up to visit with his presents!
Kaden lit up when we started singing "Happy Birthday". He kept telling me all day to sing Happy Bday to him and when I would start he would say "NO, with the cake!" (Which was Ninja turtles by the way.)
His friend Brayden got him a light saber and a helmet. He looked awesome!
Kaden has been asking for this chainsaw for two months. It must have been the display at the store because it didn't work. Bummer. Should have tested that before I bought it!
When Kaden was distracted with other toys, Ellie pounced on what she wanted. She tried to ride his scooter three times...crashed three times. At least she had a helmet on!

5 comments:

Tami said...

Happy Birthday Kaden! Thanks for the Cake and thanks for playing with Brayden. He had a lot of fun.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Kaders! Looks like a fun day. I can't believe that he is 4. WOW. I agree with all 4 of your things about him. He is so sweet, we LOVE his laugh and have it on tape when he was little and playing with Maddie, and I"m always jealous when you guys snuggle up and he falls asleep on you.

Živana said...

I remember, few months after Kaden was born, elder Wakley sent us a video of Kaden's birth. I took one look at you and thought- that was the biggest pregnant belly I've ever seen! You looked like some tiny little woman walking behind an enormous baloon. :)
Now I look at your son and think, gosh, has it really been so long...
Happy birthday to Kaden, you're already more handsome than your dad! :) And happy birthday to you, mom Jen, for doing an excellent job so far.
You don't know me, but I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I just love it.

I know Jesse is your husband so you know all of his good as well as the bad sides. But I remember him as the most generous elder ever. He had less then most of the missionaries, but it was he who bought a microwave oven to a single mother of three for Christmas. With no one to help out with her kids, spending less time preparing each meal meant the world to her.
He was also the only elder ever to pay for me every time I'd eat out with the missionaries. I worked from 5:30 am till 2:00 pm, every day (weekends included) for 250 $ a month and each time we'd eat out together none of the elders would offer to pay my share, but I'd end up paying for all of us. Only elder Wakley never let me pay. And it's not even about the money, I'm not a stingy person. it's a matter of principle. And respect. And it is exactly what makes one a gentleman.

Živana from Rijeka/Croatia

Wendi Oyler said...

Happy Birthday Kaden! I can't believe he is 4! Four years has gone by so fast. Are you going to be around for Christmas?

Wendi Oyler said...

I just saw the comment about your HUGE belly. It made me chuckle. I forgot for a minute how big you did get. Prego from the front, nothing from behind.