Friday, June 20, 2008

Doggone It!



So our neighbors are building on to their house so they had this huge tractor digging a foundation hole this morning right on the other side of the fence from Minnie's kennel. She totally freaks out because it was loud and big and Jesse looked out the window in time to see her blast through this small opening in her kennel and get lose. I was out in the front a little bit later with my neighbor and Minnie appears in the front yard which was weird so we put her back...but she came back in the front. Each time she got out she would take off down the road because she was so afraid of the digger! I finally got smart and went in the back with her to see how she was getting out and I watched her get a running start and she jumped over our 7 foot fence! I guess I should have expected it with how big she it but it was still amazing to see. So I decided to chain her up to the fence until the digger was done. The pic shows the fence I chained her to thinking it was as far away from the digger as possible. I watched her try to jump the fence twice being chained to it and she obviously failed so I was turning to go back inside when she jumped the fence she was chained to, hanging herself on the other side! Of course I totally freaked out screamed for Jesse who came barreling upstairs and we ran outside to see Minnie choking to death on the other side of the fence. So Jess runs over and holds up this 100lbs dog to keep her from suffocating and I'm trying to undo this chain that is now jammed between fence slats. Finally we freed Minnie-she escaped with a cut on her foot which bled all over Jesse's work clothes! :0) I got smart and chained her up to her kennel which is not by a fence she can commit suicide on (second pic). Poor dog, she's been barking at the digger ALL DAY!Kaden was so excited about the digger and wouldn't eat breakfast until it was done. That was our crazy morning. It's a lot more funny now that it's over.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

YIKES! I totally didn't need to know that great danes can jump that high. What if one of my kids looks really tasty one afternoon and our neighbors dog just barrels over??? Glad Minnie's all right though, how scary!

Mandi Ward said...

Sounds like it was a crazy morning. Poor dog glad she is okay. Hope she doesn't continue to jump the fence even after the digger is gone.

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

Jen, I am scared of your dog!