Thursday, February 24, 2011

The joys of my life

I love my life. I am so blessed to be a member of the Church. I am so lucky to have an amazing family and a healthy body. Here are some of the things that make me happy...

My crazy kids. They love to "dive" in the bathtub. Mostly this just means sticking their face in the water for ten seconds. They make me laugh.

My MonsterBaby (his nickname). He keeps us all laughing every day with his jibber-jabber talking and screaming at the top of his lungs for no reason. This smile melts my heart.

My sweetheart. He always plays with the kids so I can get stuff done and stays up late into the night trying to calm me down by thinking of rational explanations for all my fears and worries. Jess and the kids have invented this game called Jail which is a combo of kick the can and tag. It's always Kaden/Ellie vs Dad/Kameron. It has a billion and one rules and I love listening to them play.

Time with my kids. I am kind of a perfectionist. Jess prefers to call me a stresser. I have learned to let go of things like a clean house and a scheduled day and am trying to spend more quality time with my kids. At the end of the day, which really matters more?

Who cares if they wanted Christmas and Halloween cookies in February?

My Savior. Without Him, none of the above would be possible. I took the kids to the IF temple visitors center yesterday to watch the Joseph Smith movie. During scripture study one night Kaden kept asking questions so I told him we could go watch the movie. He didn't take his eyes off the movie for a second and asked a million questions. It's neat to watch him build a testimony and learn about the gospel.


Ok, ok. I had to put chocolate in there somewhere, right? Ellie has an obsession with cupcakes and so I took the kids to a cupcake store in IF. Ellie was in heaven. Kaden refused to pick one out. They didn't have vanilla with vanilla frosting. What a goofball!

I love

my life.

3 comments:

Cami said...

You got me drooling with those cupcakes! Your kids are so cute withntheir goggles in the tub...and I'm with you on the clean house/quality time thing. So hard to choose quality time, but I don't think we'll ever regret it!

Lacey Allen said...

Jen - are those Cocoa Bean Cupcakes???
If so.... my best friend from high school ownes that store... and.... mmm they are soo yummy! What flavors did you get?

Wendi Oyler said...

so cute and now I want some cupcakes.

ready for uda?