Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's and Kameron's walking!

These are the beautiful flowers Jess was sweet enough to give me for Valentine's day. He had them delivered to my office since I had to work. He was also my last patient of the day so that counted as our valentine's date! :) He remembered I had purple roses in my bouquet when we were married. How sweet. Aren't I so lucky?!
I love my husband more than I can say.... however. He tends to be a little on the disorganized side. Those of you who know him understand completely. I have described him many times as a tornado wreaking havoc in his wake. He leaves things in random places and loses everything. If I had a dollar for every time he said, "Where's my wallet?" I would be traveling around the world in style! For the past year and a half we have lived in this house I have refused to clean his closet. I just close the door and ignore it, trying to make him do it himself. I finally cracked this week and cleaned it for him. Needless to say I filled TWO big garbage bags full of junk. I found some really random things that made me smile and just giggle because he's so funny to me. I love that guy. Here's some of the things I found: the lost tax papers for his business that we have been looking for for ages!, 11 golf tees, 2 golf balls, 6 tubes of chapstick, 25 referral business cards, 5 pens, 6 bullets and 2 UNUSED gift cards. Here's a picture of the finished product. I put a gift bow on the door.
Ellie got a balloon for her valentine party at school. Kaden wanted to see it and let it go in our living room where the ceilings are really high. So it was stuck up there for hours until Jess got a ladder to get it down. When she finally got to play with it again she refused to let it go. She watched a movie, played airplanes with Kaden and ate all her meals with her little hand clutched to the string of the balloon. She's so funny. I love my Ellie-bellie.

Today after work I was standing in the kitchen holding Kameron on my hip and Kaden said, "Ooh mom, you must be getting ready to have a baby real soon because your tummy is huge! OR you just need to exercise, but it looks really big to me." Gee thanks Kaden. That makes me feel like a million bucks. Kids say the funniest things. And mostly, their honest.

And last but not least... Kameron is walking! He started on his birthday but he is now officially walking only and no crawling. He's so cute! He dropped weight at his one year appt and is in the 6th percentile for weight so I have to put him BACK on formula. Blah. The doctor also wants us to see a speech therapist to help him with his food aversion. He's such a funny guy. Here's some video of the monster...

4 comments:

Heidi said...

How funny, I cleaned out Jeramy's closet yesterday, too! I only filled one bag for the DI from his stuff...didn't dare do anything more!

Cami said...

Those flowers are beautiful!!! Glad you had such a romantic date :) one you'll remember for years to come ;). Josh's side of the closet looks like that too...but since we share, I give in and clean it more than I rather.

Penradicals said...

I stumbled on your blog through Cami Ellis' blog. Thought I'd let you know that I was spying on you. We have a blog too..www.penradicals.blogspot.com. Good job on organizing Jess' closet. I did that recently and it was an all day affair!

Wendi Oyler said...

Jesse and Tim are so much alike. I finally cleaned Tims side of the closet a couple months ago because I was tired of his clothes falling on me every time I tried to put something away and his night stand........I won't touch it I just close the drawers and pretend it's not stuffed full of JUNK.
Beautiful flowers!! And Kameron is walking.....Tyce is not even standing by himself yet. Can't wait until he is walking so I don't feel so bad about him crawling around outside on wet grass and hard concrete.