Wednesday, January 26, 2011

If looks could kill...

Kameron started making this face a couple weeks ago and I can easily say this is how his face looks 50% of the day. At first it made me feel bad, like he was mad at me or didn't like me. But then I realized that he makes that face for just about any emotion. When he's mad, sad, hurt, confused, doesn't like something or someone. It's pretty funny. What a cutie.

He has changed into a completely different baby within the past couple months. He had allergic colitis when he was born so he was on soy formula and was constantly throwing up. When I switched him over to whole milk at about 10 mos he completely changed. No more throwing up, he sleeps better, he actually has a personality now. He was super mellow and kept to himself. Now he's a total wild child and doesn't slow down for one second. He loves to laugh and talks all day. I didn't recognize this for what it was until he was off the formula then I realized how bad it was. When I would go get him from his crib in the morning he would have no emotion where my other kids would get excited and smile. Now when I go get him he cuddles into my shoulder and talks to me. I feel pretty badly about it. Poor kid. So in some ways I feel like I'm just starting to get to know Kameron.

So the other day Kaden and Jess were wrestling around like they usually do and Jess sat on Kaden and farted in his face. (Totally gross, I know. Where do boys come up with this stuff?) Well, Kaden didn't appreciate that so he went up to his bedroom upset. A couple of minutes later a little note came floating down from his bedroom and this is what it said, "dad win you fardid in mi fas that mad me sad." Translated it says "Dad when you farted in my face that made me sad." It was pretty funny. A couple hours later Jess made him upset again and throughout the rest of the night we got two more notes floating from the sky. They read, "mom, dad iz bad," and "dad, you ar doomd". That's Kaden for you.
I took this picture and later realized what Kaden was doing in the background! Yuck! So this last week Kaden and Ellie both had nightmares at night and I was laughing at the differences in their nightmares and now they totally match their personalities. Ellie who is dramatic and has a vivid imagination had a nightmare that she was being chased by wolves. They chased her into a wall and there was a pathway to get out but they were blocking it. Then they started to bite her arms and her back. I thought this was a pretty intense nightmare for a four year old! Very scary. A couple nights later Kaden also told me he had a nightmare. He said he somewhere eating lunch and he was so full but the lady said he HAD to eat ALL of his soup. Then he said, "It was VERY scary!" Of course this would be a nightmare to Kaden who is too logical to have too much of an imagination and follows rules to the tee. I had to laugh. I love my kids.

3 comments:

Wendi Oyler said...

oh, poor Kameron. I'm glad he is feeling better and is happy now. Is he walking?

Kaden and his notes.....priceless. Jesse farting in his face.......disgusting, but something Tim and Jax already do to each other.

Let me know what you are going to do about UDA this year. I still want to hang out and shop with you girls and you can still stay at my house if you want.

Heidi said...

As similar as our husbands are, I'm glad to say Jer has not farted on any of our children. yuck.
Can't wait to see you guys - and that adorable face of Kameron's!

Silly said...

That reminded me of a dream that Jane had a year or two ago. She woke up screaming and when I calmed her down all she would say was, "Kate made a bad pattern." Poor girl was at school so much that she couldn't even get away from it in her sleep. Kate had a bad dream last week where Grover was stuck on her window. She's had scary dreams where she gets left somewhere, also her worst fear when she's awake. I love Kameron's scowl. Cute kids!