Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kameron's 1st Birthday


I can never believe it when my babies turn one. That first year goes by way fast. Even though Kameron had no clue it was his birthday, Kaden and Ellie did and they were so excited all week. Kaden asked if he could stay home from school and with Jesse's permission I said "Yes!" (Most of you know my opinion of Kindergarten.) So we partied all day. The kids played with balloons all morning.

Happy birthday, new car seat! I love when I can turn the car seats forward! Kameron, of course, had a scowl on his face like always but he finally got used to his seat.

The kids wanted to go to McDonalds for lunch which is kind of a birthday tradition. Kameron was pretty hyper. Probably because his best friend Jesse was there!


My parents came down and took us to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, another birthday tradition in the Wakley family. Kameron was CrAzY at dinner. We could not control the monster! All he wanted to do was sit on the table and throw everything on it on the floor.


It's not a party unless you have a party hat! It didn't last very long on his head but I had to try.

Oh look! Imagine that! Kameron has his mad face on! (That's what Ellie calls it.) He did NOT like his cupcake. I tried to get him to at least try the frosting but his scowl got worse.

Jesse is always so good to have fun in the moment! I always have to stick to the schedule!

Kameron's favorite thing to play with is cars so his favorite toy was the car he could ride. He actually had to wait his turn while Kaden and Ellie enjoyed it too.

We love our Kameroony! Like I said on previous posts he is like a new baby lately. He does not like to cuddle or to let you rock him to sleep. He will give his dad hugs and me kisses though. But only when he wants to. He's doing better at night and takes longer naps during the day. He is a horrible eater. His favorite is oatmeal with yogurt. Other than that he usually spits it back out. He loves to make funny faces and knows when people are laughing at him. He is so close to walking but refuses to try. I remember Jess and I saying "He'll be walking by Thanksgiving for sure!" He's been able to crawl and walk with his walker since he was 7 mos old and at Christmas he was walking all the way across the room. But now he won't even try to walk. Maybe someday. He loves Kaden and Ellie and they are always so nice to play with him and run into his room when he wakes up from naps. They still fight over who gets to pick out his diaper. They are pretty protective of him and always run to tell me if he has something in his mouth or is going up the stairs. He likes to throw fits already when he doesn't get what he wants which is something the other two never really did. But we love all the laughs he gives us--he's such a cutie pie. Happy birthday Kameron!

1 comment:

Liz said...

oh my gosh that is so funny about Kaden, me and Jason laughed forever! Kamerons face is one of a kind so cute, I can't believe he is one that is so crazy how big your kids are now. Jason had surgery on his finger it is called trigger finger, at least is was on one hand with this pregnancy instead of two when we had Zillia.