Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas

Christmas was fun this year but a little hurried. It's been a crazy month. I miscarried a baby and had a D&C the day after Kaden's bday. Jesse's grandma passed away the day after his birthday and her funeral was two days after Christmas. I didn't feel like I got to spend enough time with the kids and help them feel the real reason for the season. Good motivation for me to try harder next year. But we still had a very merry christmas...

We made gingerbread houses. We split into teams and did boys vs girls. I don't need to tell you who won :)


Finished products. Girls is on the left.

Tami and her kids joined us for dinner on Christmas Eve. The kids opened the presents they got each other. They all got pillow pets and I could not believe how excited they all were!

After dinner we acted out the nativity which is a tradition from my childhood. It's always my favorite part of Christmas. Jesse makes a good donkey!
Here are the kids modeling their Christmas pajamas.

The kids got Jess a belgian waffle maker. He made us waffles for breakfast. Needless to say, nobody finished theirs!



Here's the calm after the storm.

We went to Malad later that day. All of the cousins got a pillow pet for Christmas. Here they all are sitting on them waiting for more presents.

Jesse and his brother and his dad. They all got those funnel ice scrapers.

Ellie got the Lalaloopsy she was hoping for. She also got a makeup kit and put makeup on all day every day we were there. For some reason she mostly applied it to her chin and nose. What a cutie.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Thank you for letting our family be apart of your Christmas Eve! It made the loneliness not so bad.

Liz said...

Thanks Jen we are good I forgot how tired you are getting up all the time! I am so glad she was early too. I am sorry to hear about you, been there done that NOT fun. I hope that you are feeling better. I have been on a roller coaster to just a different kind, I wish I was closer to help you more. tell jesse happy late bday as well.

HHM Crew said...

Loving your new family pic! Where did you get them done? By Deanna? I love her work! Looking forward to Wednesday with you and Tami
Heather

Wendi Oyler said...

oh Jen, sorry to hear about your miscarriage and Jesse's gma. Glad that you could still have a fun Christmas.

I love your new family picture. So cute!!