Sunday, August 17, 2008

I got nothin


So I took a visit to Mesa, AZ with my mom, Grandma Hinchcliff (or as the kids call her, Grandma Hiccup), my sister Erin and brother Chris for my cousins wedding. Our flight was Saturday afternoon and we showed up just in time to help get ready for the wedding which started with pics at five and a ceremony and reception to follow. The wedding was a beautiful reception at sunset in their lovely backyard. Then we crashed at my Grandma's house that night and went to sacrament mtg in the morning and then back to the airport and back home. It was a short trip, our flights were exactly 24 hrs apart. Jess was nice enough to juggle the kids alone all weekend. It was a great break and fun to spend with family. One down fall... I didn't take one single picture! I kept saying "I need to get out my camera", and I just got too busy and kept forgetting. While I was waiting for our return flight I went and got Kaden and Ellie some presents. Kaden was disappointed he didn't get to ride on an airplane (or as he calls it, airplaining) so I got him a little airplane and Ellie loves to draw so she got the big pen. (Kaden was willing to let me have the airplane for the picture but I had to promptly put it back on his dresser when I was done.) So this picture is my lone proof of my weekend vacation!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't believe what a busy summer you guys have had! I would be going crazy with all the traveling you've done!

The Horton Family said...

Cute airplane - funny how small it is. :) I was totally jealous that you all got to go to Arizona - especially if you weren't driving, but I knew Chris would have fun with all of you - wedding or not. I'm glad you all had a good time.

M-n-M said...

I am the worst when it comes to taking pictures. I always think of it after the fact.

The picture you guys have at the top of your blog is so awesome - how in the heck did you get that taken.

It does sound like you had a fun summer and I agree that was nice of jesse to take the kids on alone. I am hoping the first three months of our babies life marshal is that nice so I can finish school!