Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Old Faithful

Last week we went camping at Island Park. We all had tons of fun and actually none of us were ready to go home! We floated the river, went to West Yellowstone for ice cream and went to Yellowstone and saw Old Faithful and the geyser pools. One morning I went off on my own on a bike ride and went down a off road and wasn't paying attention and came right up on a moose. I was freaked out and peddled away as fast as I could. Another morning Minnie got in a fight with a male Mastiff (who was actually bigger than she was). Luckily Jesse had her on the chain and not me so everyone escaped without injury. Other than that it was a pretty relaxing trip!

The kids weren't as excited as I hoped they'd be. They were tired and hungry.

We were pretty lucky, Old Faithful erupted two minutes after we walked up. She explodes approximately every 90 minutes.

This is called Heart Geyser. It was very deep...you couldn't see the bottom.

2 comments:

The Nelsons said...

A moose? Did it notice you? Scary. I'm a chicken though. Good thing you were on a bike.
I hope Kayden is feeling okay. Poor guy. They played together really well. Ellie is talking so well. Isie had a ball!

Tera said...

Hey Jen the rodeo is the 15th and 16th so next week end have fun in Bear Lake!!!