Thursday, July 17, 2008

Camping at Powerhouse

We went camping last weekend at the Malad Summit. It's nice because it's only a 45 min drive and it's a fun camping spot. It was the first time this year we've taken out the trailer. The kids had a lot of fun. We took Minnie with us and surprisingly she was very well behaved. I took her with me on a run up the canyon in the morning and while I was standing there enjoying the view I heard a rustle in the trees and a deer ran up the hill. Minnie came running over and hid behind me. I don't think she understood she was almost the same size as the deer. She's such a whimp. The only downfall was that there were TONS OF BUGS!!

Jess has to relearn how to set up the trailer every year! Isn't he cute?

Kaden and Ellie took advantage of the bug situation and caught butterflies. Ellie spent the whole day chasing butterflies around camp!

Our beautiful camp spot!

This is an illustration of how big Minnie is getting. The kids totally love her. When she took a nap in the shade they put rocks in her mouth. She's so laid back!

3 comments:

Mandi Ward said...

Camping is a lot of fun but also a lot of work getting everyone and everything packed. We need to take the girls, we just haven't had time since the little guy arrived.

M-n-M said...

Hey Jen -

I thought our dog was big - but Minnie is gigantic!!

Powerhouse is so much fun, but at my last girls camp experience we had to load up in trucks in the middle of the night when a bear visited our camp site.

Glad you guys had fun.

Heidi said...

Still sad we didn't come. Looks like fun. I'm a little nervous about Minnie. Our neighbors had their great dane out last night and i was nervous, then I looked down at Macie and her eyes were huge! She said, "Puh puh??" Like, I THINK that's a dog, but it's way too big!