Tuesday, September 21, 2010

San Diego 2010

The more we go to San Diego, the harder it is to leave each time. I'm getting pretty attached. We always have a blast. There's something about the ocean that makes you always want to go back...

Here are the kids on the plane. It's always such chaos getting through the airport with three suitcases, three kids and three carseats!

We got to San Diego on Tuesday which was my birthday. I got to pick where we had dinner so I chose Alfonso's in La Jolla. We've been there before and I love their soup and tortillas!



La Jolla is so pretty! After dinner we walked around the shops and watched seals swimming in the cove.

While Jess goes to meetings all day we lay around the beach. The kids played here for hours!

My sweet baby Kameron. Always gives a smile!

Here's Jess with the kids riding the waves. We had gorgeous weather!

Kameron was content to crawl around in the sand and would have stayed there forever. I was surprised, he didn't even try to put the sand in his mouth.

Since it's been eternity since I posted, this is the first picture of Kameron crawling. He started crawling at seven mos old. He crawls like this though, on his hands and feet. It's pretty cute. He already pulls himself up to a stand on furniture. I think he'll be walking pretty soon...

The kids' favorite part is always Seaworld. This year they had a new dolphin show which was pretty cool.

Kaden wanted to sit in the soak zone at the Shamu show. We got pretty wet. Ellie cried. So did Kameron.

We got wet again at the dolphins and at the dog/cat show. Ellie cried every time. So did Kameron.



Kaden LOVES to ride his bike so Saturday morning we rented some beach cruisers and went for a bike ride on the beach. Jess and Kaden were on a tandem bike and I pulled the trailer with Kameron and Ellie in it.

That afternoon we went to the pier. This statue is next to the USS Midway. It was huge.

We love eating sea food, but only when it's fresh. That's one of my favorite parts about going to the coast. It was cool to watch the boats and the seals in the water during lunch.


Next we took the ferry over to Coronado. It's another small touristy town place. I like the lady smiling at the camera behind us! :)

We went to a cupcake shop in Coronado and Kaden and Ellie each picked one. Their choices are so typical of their personalities: Kaden - vanilla on vanilla and Ellie - chocolate on chocolate! Kaden is very cautious and predictable. Ellie's wild and ready for adventure!

Our new camera does a panoramic shot. Kinda cool.

I found this handsome guy on the pier. He's a keeper!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

looks like you guys had a great time! And, I LOVE Ellie's short hair, it looks adorable!