Saturday, April 3, 2010

Man-Catchin' Beignets

For those of you who have seen Princess and the Frog (or for those who have seen it 56 times!) this post will make more sense! Kaden and Ellie love that movie and actually I would have to say Kaden likes it more.

In the movie Tiana makes "man-catchin' beignets" (pronounced bin-yeas). Every time Kaden would watch it he would ask what beignets were and what they tasted like. So.... I looked up a recipe (after I figured out how to spell it) and we made them today. He was so excited.


They actually ate a lot of them and really liked them. I thought they would eat one and be done with them. They were pretty good. Tasted like poofy scones. Better with cinnamon-sugar. Ellie was a little sad in the picture because I wouldn't let her stick her nose in the hot pan of oil. She has such a mean mom!

I had to post a picture of Jess with his new iPad or as the kids call it, his BIG iPhone. He was so excited for it, he would tell me where it was every day. He finally got it this morning. Great! Another electronic to take up more of his time! Just kidding Sweetie! After all, he was the one who got me hooked on my iPhone that I now couldn't do without!


This is a picture I stole from my sister-in-law's blog of Kameron. She got better pics than me at the blessing! Kameron is such a smile bug now! I've been lazy though and the only pictures of him smiling are on my phone. He is still such a good baby. He never has a continuous cry. He just never gets that upset. We joke that he's the perfect mix of Kaden and Ellie. Kaden would scream LOUD and long! Ellie never cried at all. And Kameron will just give out these loud bursts of energy letting you know he needs something. But he rarely cries. This week he actually cried and it was only once. But you can't blame the guy when mom is giving kids a bath and he is 20 minutes late for his breakfast!

2 comments:

Liz said...

wow Jenn, you are a mean mom, I don't see any harm putting her nose it the hot oil????j/k I love that picture. What it the world it that a phone or notepad? Or is it that big because Jesse is so old that he can't see a regular phone...lol

Wendi Oyler said...

Jen- what are you thinking an ipad AND you suckered in and got an iphone. I'm ashamed!
Tim wanted an ipad when they first came out but hasn't said anything since so we WILL NOT be coming to visit you for awhile. haha.
Actually this morning I told Tim I wouldn't mind having an iphone. I love how long and good his records.

You are so lucky to have such a good baby. Right now Tyce is on my lap crying as I'm trying to comment on your blog. He is getting better, but seriously it seems non stop.