Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April catch-up

We've been busy and I am behind on blog posts so here it goes...

Easter! We did the normal Easter stuff. We had a neighborhood easter egg hunt on Friday then dyed easter eggs Saturday night. I felt bad. After we dyed eggs on Saturday I was going through in my head what I needed to get out for the kids easter egg baskets and I realized I hadn't got Kameron anything for Easter. Nothing! Not even a basket. I was going to go to the store but Jesse said that would be silly, he would never know the difference. Hopefully years from now when Kameron reads our blog book he won't be disappointed. Sorry Kameron!





We followed our yearly tradition and went to the Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo. We always have a good time. We went with our great friends the Edwards. All of the kids got these horses outside the rodeo from a news crew. It was nice because they kept them busy during the boring parts.


What a crazy crew!

This is Kameron before the rodeo. It's hard to get a good picture of him smiling because he has to see a face to smile but if the camera is in the way...

We went to Boise that weekend with the Edwards. Nick had drill so we tagged along. It was super nice to get away since Jess is always gone and had a very busy week. (Even though he still brought his laptop, iPad and iPhone!)

Swimming at the hotel. Even Kameron got in on the action!

It was hard to get a good picture. Ellie loves to jump in and have Jess catch her. I felt bad because she was using her swimsuit from last year so she constantly was picking at a wedgie!

Kaden is a little nervous in the water (DEFINITELY Jesse's son) so he mostly just squirt everyone with his soaker. Got quite obnoxious really.

Nick gave us a tour of the Gowen Field. The kids loved it because they got to see helicopters, jets (with missiles), tanks, airplanes, etc. Kaden is way into all of that stuff so it was fun.

I had to represent and put a picture of the man in uniform. Who is that hottie next to him? Whew!

Poor Kameron. It was a lot of riding in his carseat and eating bottles on the go but he was a trooper.


Then we took the kids to ride Go Karts. It was nice weather so it was a good time. Girls took a turn then the boys. I think I have half a brain left from inhaling all of the gas fumes!

Even though Ellie was kind of tossed around in the car like a rag doll she kept laughing and telling me to go faster.

The boys were all about the competition and had to race. Of course I posted the picture when Jess was in the lead! :)

Jesse's car died right at the finish line. Hehehehe! It was a good weekend away! We always have fun with the Edwards. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Wendi Oyler said...

looks like fun. Next should be a trip to Lehi to visit us! No ipad allowed. I really don't want Tim to get one.