Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Little Fisherman


Kaden and Jess went ice fishing with some friends a couple weekends ago. Kaden surprised them all by catching a fish within about one minute of putting his hook in the water.


I wasn't there but I am told that Kaden stayed by his hole the entire time and wasn't interested in playing with the other kids. The next weekend Jess took Kaden out again down by Malad and they caught about 5 more fish. Kaden's all about hunting and fishing these days. It's funbecause it is great boy-time for him and Jess. Mom's not much of a fisherman or hunter! :)

Jess taught Kaden a rhyme and for the next week Kaden would walk around the house saying, "Fishy, fishy in the brooke, won't you bite my little hook!"

Ellie just played with the other girls the whole time. Not much patience for fishing. Kaden and Jess ate the fish that night. Kaden LOVES to eat fish but got kind of nervous when he found a bone in it. I like to eat fresh fish too, but after seeing Jess skin the fish, I was out. I guess it was a little too fresh for me.

1 comment:

Wendi Oyler said...

Kaden looks super excited to eat his fish. I actually think it looks really good right now too!
At first I thought you dressed Kameron up like a girl in your last post. They really do look alot alike.
Don't get mad..... I was home last week, but I didnt have a car and didnt go anywhere. Idaho weather is way too cold for me and Tyce so we seriously sat at my parents the whole time.