Sunday, November 22, 2009

What a week...

I promise I'm not one of those crazy TwilightMoms but I did go to the premier again at midnight on Thursday night. It was fun to socialize with friends and have a girls night out but during the movie I was thinking..."Why am I only going to get 5 hrs of sleep tonight for THIS movie?" Sorry girls, it was tons of fun but I might not make it for Eclipse in June! New Moon was definitely better than Twilight though.

Me and Tami. Yes, my shirt says "Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?"
Then on Friday night we went with Nick and Tami to the Boise vs Utah State game in Logan. It was tons of fun and was nice to have a night without the kids. (Thanks mom and dad!) It was a little chilly and we stood by drunken fans (or were they high off of the permanent markers from their poster?) but it was a good time and Boise won. Go Broncos!


We truly were the only people in the Boise section who weren't in orange. Our shirts were covered by our coats. I guess we weren't true die hard fans.

So the next day I run up to IF to get my kids and was sitting there talking to my family and my mom says, "Are you wearing two different shoes?"

Yes, I was wearing two different shoes. And not just two different shoes but a black one and a brown one. I remember selecting the brown one that morning in my closet and then sliding my other foot into what I thought was the other shoe and ran out the door. But since I can't see my feet at all these days I did not notice. I was super embarrassed but decided to go to a craft fair anyway... and yes someone noticed. My sister heard her talking behind my back. SO embarrassing.

Keep in mind for this next one that I was short on sleep from the TWO previous nights. I was in the kitchen cutting an orange and decided to cut my finger instead. It was pretty obvious right away that I needed stitches. There was a lot of blood. The kids were kind of nervous. But I was brave and didn't shed a single tear, even though the anesthetic hurt more than actually cutting it and I felt him sew three of the five stitches. (It was better than having the doc shove another needle in my finger.) Sorry so graphic for those who are weak in the stomach! Jeramy-ahem!

On the way to the urgent care Kaden said, "I am not going to use knives until I am VERY old like 28 and when I do, I won't do it like mom did." Thanks Kaders. Dad most certainly agreed. The best part about it is that they told me I have to have the stitches out in 10 days which is when we will be in Chicago so the nurse just sent us with some surgical scissors and a hemostat so Jess could do it. Dr. Jesse will have to pull out those old fly-tying skills I guess... At least we will be there with a bunch of doctors right? Keep you posted on that one!

4 comments:

Živana said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! This thing with two different shoes, that's like the funniest thing I've heard in years! Seriously, I am your biggest fan. I am still laughing and crying and just wanted to tell you- I so, SO love this blog! Say hi to your fam for me, please,

Živana

Heidi said...

Jen- so sorry about the finger - I would have passed out and called an ambulance to come get me!
I can't tell you how many times I sold new shoes to people when I worked downtown who had managed to get to work with 2 different shoes on!
Love ya!

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

You are the best! I love you. I am sorry about the finger. I bet that hurt. Hope you are feling good.

Tami said...

So FUNNY!!! The shoe thing cracks me up. I guess you will have to ask your kids if your shoes match each day until you can see them again.