Monday, May 18, 2009

Unwelcome Guest

Most of you know that I HATE yard work. The only flowers that survive are the ones in my planter because I don't have to weed. I hate the dirt. I hate the spiders. I hate mowing the lawn. I hate maintaining gardens (at least I would if I had one.) But since we are selling the house and Jess has been super busy at work I decided to bite the bullet and mow the backyard. There I was mowing along when a snake slithers out from against our  house and charges me. Yes, I hate snakes, yes I screamed. Kaden and Ellie thought it was cool and were not afraid of it at all. So I go and get Jess who is luckily working at home that particular morning. He asked me why I didn't just run it over with the lawn mower (GAG!) He gets a bat and starts to "shoo" it out of our yard. I asked him to please throw it over the fence but he stated that he didn't know how to handle snakes. As he was "scaring" the snake away it kept jumping up at him trying to fight back which made me shiver all over! Anyway... we lost the snake when he crossed BACK INTO our back yard. I was super brave and finished mowing the lawn anyway. Yes, I was on my tiptoes, yes, I had the eebiejeebies the whole time. That night I had a dream that I reached in a drawer to grab a pen and it turned into a snake. I woke myself up when I screamed out loud. Well, last night Jess found our friend a second time, once again curled right up against our house probably looking for a hole to slither right in! This time I made Jess throw it over the fence for sure. Hopefully he stays away this time... at least until we move!

Here's the nasty little thing! Sick.
You have to look closer to see the snake but he's there, not too excited to get on the shovel.
The snake kept falling off the shovel. Gross.
Jess launched him over the fence. I'm sure someone driving on the interstate got a scare!

5 comments:

Wendi Oyler said...

I love yard work but if that happened to me I would probably have a heart attack.

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

Now I am going to have nightmares. I can't even talk about those things. Yuk!!!

Heidi said...

Jen, I am DYING here! YUCK! I'm glad I got all of our huge nasty weeds out on Saturday because I would not be doing yard work after reading that. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!

Tami said...

Funny! He He He Ha Ha Ha I still wish the scream and run around frantically would have been caught on tape.

M-n-M said...

Maybe you guys need to move to St George where they have rocks for a front lawn, that way you wouldn't have to do any of that yard work you so hate:)

That snake thing is creepy. I would have screamed too. When Marshal and I ran into a rattle snake he got in the truck to drive over it and it was like a it blew up like a balloon and then -- pop --- now that is cross.

Your posts always keep me laughing!