Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Welcome home Nick!

Jesse and I have been best friends with Nick and Tami Edwards for years. I think our relationships work so well because Tami is just like Jesse and Nick and I are very similar. Nick left for Iraq last August. It was a long year for Tami and Jess to have Nick gone in Iraq. But on September 13 he finally came home! He flew into Pocatello with about 30 other soldiers. It was so cool to see him come home. I was crying and I'm not even his wife! My eyes watered the whole time I made this post. I never realized until seeing it first hand how big the sacrifice is for soldiers and their families to go to war. Thanks Nick! Glad your home safe soldier!

Where's Nick? He's actually at the very top of the picture holding Jaycie.

Jaycie doesn't let Nick out of her sight for days when he comes home. She's a daddy's girl!

Kaden told Nick, "I'm glad you didn't get shot in Iraq!" So are we!

Nick always gives Ellie what he calls a tight squeeze. Here she's catching up for a year's worth I think.

This picture makes my eyes water. Nick you have no idea how excited Tami was for you to get home. We sat at her house fussing over what outfit to wear, how to do her hair, if her makeup looked ok. I'm sure Nick would have thought she looked hot even if she came in her pajamas!

I think Kameron thought we went there to give everyone hugs!

Home at last. Finally, Jess can have someone to laugh at his jokes again!

Wasn't that sweet of Nick to bring Tami a flower?
Here's the happy family. Together again at last. Life can continue now :)

1 comment:

Cami said...

That homecoming was so sweet...thanks for sharing their story. You disney and beach pictures are making me excited for our vacation!!! You have such a beautiful family!