Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

I have to make a confession. One day about a week before Christmas the kids were fighting non-stop. So I got after them and told them that if they didn't stop fighting Santa was going to put coal in their stockings. When it was finally Christmas Eve I asked Kaden if he was excited for Santa to come and asked him what he thought Santa was going to bring him. Kaden said, " A piece of coal." My heart crumpled to the floor. He had been convinced for the past week that he wasn't getting anything for Christmas! I felt so bad. After I promised him he was a good boy and that he would be getting presents he was a lot more excited about Santa coming that night. Poor kid! Evil mother!

For Christmas Eve we went to my parents and had dinner and acted out the nativity. I always did this when I was little so it was neat to see Kaden and Ellie get so excited about it.

Ellie had to be Mary, of course, and Kaden has been really into Joseph since he learned a song about him in Primary. Dad got to be the donkey. Mom was the photographer.

The kids learned the nativity story by heart this year mostly because they loved to play with our nativity sets at home. I would always find them telling each other the story while they played with the little figurines. Pretty cute. It always made me feel better because like any other kids, they were all about the presents.

Here are the kids modeling their new Christmas pj's. Kaden couldn't wait to get home to open a present. He hasn't figured out yet that it's always pajamas.

Here's the kids coming down the stairs Christmas morning. They didn't wake up until 7:30 which was nice. Ellie woke up crying because her earring was stuck to her Nemo doll. We had to give her a couple minutes to cheer up before starting the presents.

The kids loved opening all the presents and even got excited about the apples and oranges in their stockings. I wonder how long that will last.

Jess and I finished a room in our house for each other's present and weren't allowed to get each other anything. I didn't follow the rules though and got Jess a remote control helicopter. We got Kaden one and I couldn't resist getting Jess one too. Seriously, I think he asked for one the day we met. As long as I can remember that's what he's asked for. He probably plays with his more than Kaden does!

We went to Malad on Christmas day but I wasn't feeling well so no pics were taken! It was lots of fun though. Jesse's mom makes the best stuffing ever! Yum! Thanks to the wonderful mothers in my life, I didn't have to do any cooking! Merry Christmas to me!

3 comments:

Mandi Ward said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful christmas. Kids are so much fun at these stages. From what pics I saw of the house it looks GORGEOUS!!!

The Nelsons said...

Fun Christmas. I hope your feeling better. Were your stairs always like that with the wood and carpet? It's so pretty.

Wendi Oyler said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas. Now when Tim sees your blog I'm sure he'll be wanting a remote control helicopter. haha.

His dumb phone fell out of his pocket while riding the four-wheeler and he found it about an hour later in the snow. dang! I almost had a break from the i-phone.

Hope you are feeling better. Almost there!